Mezcal Atenco is a handcrafted artisanal mezcal from San Juan del Río, Oaxaca, Mexico, produced and bottled by Master Distiller Rodolfo López Sosa, his family and friends.
San Juan del Río boasts a tradition of distilling artisanal mezcal dating back more than 100 years. The Oaxacan village is located 5,000 feet above sea level. The mountainous terrain and warm climate are perfectly suited for the cultivation and fermentation of agave.
Mezcal Atenco is available in two types, a double distilled Espadín and a triple distilled Pechuga. Both are made of 100% Agave Espadín and both are „joven“, which means un-aged.
• Traditional handcrafted mezcal
• Award winning premium quality
• 100% natural & organic
• Utilizing only mature agave grown for at least 8 years
• Utilizing only cultivated agave, no wild agave, due to sustainable reasons
• Bottled in artisanal glass, made of recycled glass
• Limited productions, numbered bottles
• Working with local und sustainable thinking people and companies
• Keeping up the tradition and the art of the mezcal production